Yes, you can earn cryptocurrency by blogging!
If you’re still living under the rock and have no clue what cryptocurrencies are, let me tell you it’s the hottest trend taking the world by storm.
Without getting into the technicalities, let’s stick to the part that cryptos are digital currencies – you can use them to pay for goods and services. There’s a ton of cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and a lot more – each has different values, usually measured in USD. For instance, at the time of writing this blog, 1 BTC (Bitcoin) = $35,396.20.
Are you ready to earn cryptos by writing (and reading) blogs?
Here’s a list of my favorite platforms that allow you to earn cryptos by blogging (and watching videos, even for browsing).
Hive Blog is a decentralized social media and blogging platform. The blog is part of several other websites managed by the Hive blockchain and the HIVE token, rewarding users who contribute to the ecosystem.
Not only does this platform allows you to earn cryptocurrency by blogging, but it also allows you to earn HIVE coins through the following ways:
- Posting – Upload amazing posts and gain upvotes. Depending on the number of upvotes, you receive a share from the community reward pool.
- Voting & Curating – Let’s say you come by an excellent new post. You upvote it immediately, way before it becomes viral (Redditors filtering by New understand this). In this case, you’ll get the curation award (HIVE tokens based on your HIVE Power).
- Vesting – Earned a lot of HIVE coins from your posts? Use them to fuel your HIVE Power and earn extra tokens for holding your earnings.
You can learn more about the Hive ecosystem and tokenomics by visiting Hive’s FAQs.
If you can write your mind and are okay with a few simple community rules, read.cash, is a fantastic platform to earn Bitcoin Cash (BCH) by blogging.
The platform does all the work, making it one of the best options for writers who aren’t familiar with cryptocurrencies, digital wallets, etc. Once you successfully sign-up, the platform will automatically create a browser-based BCH wallet on your behalf.
read.cash allows you to earn BCH through the following ways:
- Create and publish original content: All you need to do is write and publish original articles in whichever category you fancy. The more the upvotes and comments, the better the pay.
- Earn by liking and commenting: Get BCH for browsing! Use the platform regularly, engage with posts, add your opinions, share your favorite posts from other publishers, and you can earn additional coins.
- Giveaways & affiliates: Content creators keep hosting giveaways on the platform. Be a part of these events, and you can earn extra BCH in the process. Another way to earn from this platform is by signing up as an affiliate. When users sign-up using your affiliate link, you’ll receive a portion of their earnings.
Learn more about the platform from read.cash FAQs.
Publish0x is another great platform that enables you to earn cryptocurrency for blogging. Both writers and readers can earn Ethereum (ETH) on this platform. Think of Publis0x as Medium, but instead of claps, you get tips.
Unlike most platforms in this list, Publish0x is crypto-agnostic. The platform allows anyone to sign-up as a reader. However, you’ll need to apply to be a writer. Once selected, you can publish original articles covering various niches. Instead of upvotes, writers earn through tips. Readers decide how much they wish to tip the author.
You can earn from Publish0x in two ways:
- Publish content and receive tips: Apply as a writer. If you get selected, start publishing content. The readers will decide the amount of Bounty0x tokens.
- Read content and tip other authors: For each post you read, you can decide how many Bounty0x tokens you wish to tip the author and how much you want to keep. The tips are free and allotted via the Publish0x reward pool.
Learn more about the earning process on the Publish0x FAQs page.
SteemIt is the first platform that introduced the way to earn cryptocurrency by blogging. Powered by the Steem blockchain and STEEM Dollars (SBD), the platform mints new tokens and adds them to the community reward pool.
These tokens are then awarded to content creators based on the number of votes the content receive. You can earn SBD on SteemIt in the following ways:
- Publish content: Share original posts and earn rewards based on the number of upvotes your posts receives.
- Vote & curate content: Get paid for reading, engaging, and sharing other’s content. Your reward amount will vary depending on the Steem Power your account holds.
- Vesting: Earn by using SBD tokens to add more ‘power’ to your Steem Power account. The platform pays you for investing your holdings.
Learn more about how to earn cryptocurrency by blogging on SteemIt from their FAQs page.
Bonus Ways To Earn Cryptos
Full disclosure: In this section, I’ll tell you about two cool ways to earn cryptos while doing the things you usually do.
So you watch videos, stream content, and such? You also use web browsers all the time?
But in most cases, you pay the service provider. How about a platform that pays you to stream content?
Or a web browser that pays you to use it?
DLive is one such platform. It was previously built on the Steem blockchain and then migrated to the TRON blockchain. The mission of DLive is to create a value sharing live streaming platform that empowers creators and viewers through a revolutionary rewards system, powered by Lemon – a virtual reward point system that can be transacted within DLive at $0.012 US Dollars unit price, BTT – the decentralized cryptocurrency used for rewards.
DLive appreciates viewer involvement and directly rewards viewers for watching, chatting, gifting, and sharing content. Learn more about the DLive reward system from their FAQs page.
The Brave browser redefines web browsing. Unlike other browsers that track your history and show intrusive ads, Brave allows you to control your data, stop irrelevant ads, and reward you in the process.
You get Basic Attention Tokens (BAT) for the time you spend using the Brave browser. As soon as you open a new tab, the browser starts auto-tallying the ‘time’ you spend on different sites. Every month, Brave Rewards adds the corresponding BAT to your wallet. You can also choose the ads you wish to see and earn extra coins for viewing them.
Learn more about Brave browser’s reward system from the FAQs page.
I hope this blog helps you earn cryptocurrency by blogging. In addition to blogging, there are several other ways to earn cryptocurrencies, including affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, displaying ads from crypto networks on your website, writing news pieces and PR for crypto startups, participating in airdrops and bounties, and many more.
The point is if you’re doing something, find a way to monetize it. That way, you’ll never have to settle for less.
Still looking for more online income opportunities? Check out my recent blog: 7 Legitimate Websites That Actually Pay.